How to Set Up Button Links on Smart.bio
Having the ability to drive more traffic to your website or blog via the images on your Instagram feed is a great strategy to incorporate into your social media campaign.
However...did you ever stop to think about the fact that the more images you add to your feed, your links will be moving further and further away from the top of your Smart.bio page?
That seems a bit problematic because now your audience has to go searching for your best post links! 😱But not to fear, Button Links are here!
Button Links are specific call-to-action buttons that will remain at the top of your Smart.bio page to direct your audience to specific parts of your website or to complete particular tasks - such as signing up for your email newsletter, shopping your online store, getting a coupon code, etc.
Think of Button Links as your own personal billboard that gives your audience quick access to items that answer the following questions:
- What is the content that you would want your audience to access first?
- What do you consider to be your best content?
- If they had to be directed to purchase something with a few taps, where would you send them?
The possibilities are endless! As long as you have a URL for your action, it can be made into a button link! Speaking of...let's see how it's done!
Setting Up Button Links
- Head to the "Manage Page" area of your Smart.bio Dashboard. The very first section you'll see is the "Your Button Links" area.
2. The first column is your text field boxes. Enter the text that you wish to appear on your Button Link(s) here. You'll notice that as you start to do so, your words will come to life within your Smart.bio Live Preview to the right!
3. Next, you'll want to add your URL for your link.
Make sure to put very specific URLs in these fields that lead people to a specific product page, blog post, YouTube video, etc. The less likely your audience is to get lost looking for your content, the more likely they are to engage with it!
You can also have buttons that drive people to your general website URL, as well - this is a great strategy to drive and track growth using Google Analytics.
4. You're done! That's as hard as we make it! Isn't that...SMART?! 😉
Please note that when you complete each field, your Button Links will go live on your Smart.bio page. And because of our great new auto-save feature, you don't have to click "done" or "save changes" - type your text, your URL, and you're ready to rock!
Additionally, we've got a little pro tip for you! Want to add emojis and/or symbols to your Button Links?
While we don't have an emoji picker for our Smart.bio Button Links, you can copy and paste emojis and other symbols from a library such as this one and paste them into your Button Link text field 🎉