Should I use Auto-Post, SMS Notification, or iOS Notification to Post to Instagram?
Note: To take advantage of Tailwind's Auto Post method you must first Convert your Instagram account to a business account if you haven’t already.
When scheduling a post to Instagram through Tailwind, there are three options for what you want Tailwind to do when the time comes to Post.
You can choose to Auto Post to have Tailwind automatically publish to your Instagram Profile when the scheduled time comes.
Choose Push Notification if you use the Tailwind Mobile App to receive a notification on your mobile device when it's time to Post. Simply tap the notification and follow the steps to open your scheduled Post in the Instagram app, where you can crop and add filters and tags! You will be able to quickly paste your caption and hashtags into the Instagram app and post!
How to change your posting method
On the Drafts page, simply click on a Post you want to schedule and change the posting method to the right of the image:
Note: You can change the posting method on Posts that are already scheduled as well by clicking on the Scheduled Postspage and then clicking on any scheduled Posts you want to edit.
- Using Auto Post is the most convenient method, because you can post at any time, even when you're not available.
- Your Instagram account must be a business account to use Auto Post. Personal accounts and Creator accounts can use Push Notifications.
- Cropping within the Tailwind Dashboard is only available for the Auto Post method. If you wish to crop in the Instagram app, use Push Notifications.
- Adding scheduled Location Tags (scheduling geotags) and scheduled User Tags is only available when using Auto Post, however, you will still be able to choose a location or user tag in Instagram when you post using Push Notifications.
- Automatically adding your hashtags to the first comment of your post is only available when using Auto Post.
- Scheduling a video is only available for Instagram post scheduled with Auto Post. Don't have Auto Post yet? Find out how to set it up with our Knowledge Base article: How Do I Automatically Publish Posts to Instagram?
- The Push Notification method gives you the most options, because you can add Instagram filters and tags, as well as crop the image using the Instagram app before you post.
- If you want to use Tailwind to schedule Carousel Posts or Posts to your Story, you can use the Push Notification method to remind when you to post, and then add the appropriate content using the Instagram app manually.
- Images uploaded for Auto Post will be automatically cropped to a 4:5 to 1.91:1 aspect ratio range before they are published.You can learn more about cropping in the Tailwind Dashboard in our Knowledge Base article: How can I crop or resize my Posts before they are published to Instagram?