(Chrome) Installing, removal, or troubleshooting Tailwind's Publishing extension
Ready to start scheduling across the web? You'll want Tailwind's Publishing Extension for Chrome! We've included step-by-step instructions below, as well as how to remove it and troubleshooting tips.
In this article
How to Install the Extension
There are a couple of different places to find the extension to download and install, but we find the easiest place is from the Drafts Page.
Go to your
Drafts Page (located in the pop-out menu in the left hand navigation).
- Click the Chrome Extension button just to the left of Your Schedule box to start the download.
- Click the Add Extension button in the confirm box from Chrome,
- All set! Your new extension for Chrome is now installed, and you'll find it at the top right corner of your browser, while hovering over large images!
- You might have heard it being called as a Plug-in, Add-on, Bookmark, Schedule button, or the Tailwind button; they are all essentially a different name for the same thing.
- Find our Chrome Extension in Google Chrome's Webstore.
How to Remove the Extension
Maybe you are having troubles while using the extension? If so, removing it and installing a new version is always the first step- way to go! If you are looking to remove the extension entirely, we're sorry to hear that but I do hope you'll let us know what you thought about it.
- Right click (or two finger tap if you are on a Mac) the Tailwind Icon in the tool-bar.
- Click "Remove from Chrome."
Troubleshooting issues with the Extension
Oh-no! Having troubles with using the extension, not to worry these common fixes almost always fixes things right up. If not, please contact us right away and we'll be happy to help!
- The first thing we always recommend is to remove the extension and to try a new fresh install. Please see above for instructions on how to first Remove the Extension and how to Install the Extension.
- The second thing we suggest is to clear the cache, or previous stored versions, of the extension from Chrome. Go to Chrome's Preferences and then to History. Click Clear Browsing Data and in the pop-up box select only Cached imaged and files and finally click Clear Browsing Data.
- Other questions you can ask yourself to see if there might be a problem are: Do I have other extensions installed that could make Tailwind's not work? Does the Pinterest Pinning extension also product the same troublesome result?