Can my friend manage or post for me on my account?
Can my coworker have access to my account with their own login? Sure! We call those " Collaborators". A collaborator is anyone you'd like to share your dashboard with: clients, managers, the rest of your team. When you add a collaborator, that person gets their own login information so that they can check on the brand's progress any time they'd like. The collaborator will be able to see ALL additional brands that have been added to the account.
Note: Collaborators are free and only available on a paid plan. Upgrade to add a collaborator to your account.
In this article
Add a Collaborator
- Go to the Team / Collaborator Page (located in the drop-down settings menu in the top-right hand navigation).
- Click the first open row titled ‘Invite a Collaborator’ in the center of the screen.
- Type in the First Name, Last Name and Email address of the person who will be collaborating on your account and click, "Invite Collaborator." We've outline each of the roles below!
- Click "OK" on the pop-up box to accept the collaborator will have access to all the accounts.
- Once the collaborator has been invited, the row should appear orange with "Pending Invitation", letting you know that an email invitation to collaborate on your account has been sent. It will turn Green once the collaborator has accepted.
Helpful Tip: When you invite a Collaborator, they'll receive an email containing their new Tailwind account details along with instructions on how to access the dashboard.
Expert Tip: Did you get an error message that says that email already exists? Read on in how to work around this in our Knowledge Base Article: I can't add a collaborator because the email already exists?
Collaborators can be given Admin andPublishing Admin, OR Viewer and Draft Editor, privileges on the account. You CAN choose to have a Viewer with Publishing Admin, or a Admin with Draft Editor Permissions.
Admin Collaborators will have FULL privileges on your dashboard, including the ability to:
- Change plans
- Change billing details
- Add extra Accounts and Collaborators
- Adjust any other setting
- Viewer Collaborators can see your dashboard exactly like you do, but DO NOT have privileges to make any of the changes listed above.
- Publisher Admins will have
FULL privileges in the Publisher tool, including the ability to:
- Edit and schedule posts
- Change your posting schedule
- Approve posts to add them to your queue
- Draft Editors can see your queue and posting schedule exactly like you do, but DO NOT have privileges to make any of the changes listed above. They can create and edit draft posts, but must submit them for approval.
Helpful Tip: By default invited collaborators will be given a ‘Draft Editor’ publishing role.